Table of Contents
Soups should be consumed regularly since they are highly nutritious for the body and aid in weight loss. You’ve come to the right location because our website has many soup recipes. You can also find Broccoli cheddar soup and chicken gnocchi soup recipes. I recently cooked this soup, and my family devoured the entire jug, so I figured it was time to share it right now.
A basic creamy soup made with either whole milk or cream, or a mix of the two, with sliced mushrooms. An excellent appetizer that is frequently served before the main dish at lunch and supper is mushroom soup. Additionally, it tastes fantastic when sprinkled with cracked pepper and toasted bread. It just takes a few minutes to produce a typical homemade cream of mushroom soup recipe, which is incredibly tasty. You won’t ever open a can of mushroom soup again after tasting this recipe.
Raw Materials Required
2 tsp olive oil / any cooking oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp onion (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
10 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
1 tsp maida / plain flour / refined flour / all-purpose flour
3 cups veg stock / water
½ tsp pepper (crushed)
few thyme herbs (optional)
salt to taste
¼ cup cream (fresh)
4 Servings Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 20 Minutes
- First, melt butter and oil in a big pan. A dd the onions and garlic next. Cook for one minute, or until they start to sweat.
- Add some sliced mushrooms. If you like, add a variety of mushrooms. Cook and sauté the mushrooms until they slightly reduced in size. Maida should also be added; sauté for one minute, or until the raw odor is gone. Maida aids with soup thickening.
- Moreover, include water or vegetable stock. Add the crushed pepper, thyme, and salt as well (as per your taste). Stir well and boil for five minutes. Add water and 1 cup of mushrooms to the blender after that. The entire mixture can alternatively be pureed.
- Smoothly cool and blend. This aids in giving soup a creamy smoothness. Return the pureed mixture to the pan. For even more richness, add cream as well. If you’re controlling your weight, swap out the cream with milk.
- Thoroughly mix, then simmer for a minute. Avoid boiling since the cream may curdle. Make sure the soup has reached a creamy consistency by giving it a good stir. Serve the cream of mushroom soup garnished with more cream and pepper.
|Nutritional Facts (Per Serving)
Some Quick Tips
How do you thicken cream of mushroom soup?
You may add arrowroot or cornstarch to make gluten-free choices. Additionally, they’ll keep the sauce pure and free of clouds. In the recipe, 1 tablespoon is required for every cup of liquid. Cornstarch and water are combined to make a slurry, which is then added to the saucepan. Until the cornstarch is thoroughly integrated and the sauce begins to thicken, whisk constantly over high heat.
Can you eat cream of mushroom soup by itself?
This cream of mushroom soup is great on its own, with a crusty roll, or as a basis for other mouthwatering recipes that also employ cream of mushroom soup.
Can homemade cream of mushroom soup be frozen?
Most dairy-based soups, like this cream of mushroom soup, should not be frozen since they may taste and seem gritty when warmed.
Benefits of Cream of Mushroom Soup
It is well known that mushrooms are mineral-rich. Selenium is one of the minerals that is good for your health. The immune system of the body is significantly boosted by the selenium in cream of mushroom soup.
Good for Skin Health
Antioxidants included in cream of mushroom soup can help delay the signs of ageing on the skin.
Surprisingly, the delicious and healthful cream of mushroom can really prevent or at least lower the chance of developing cancer. The antioxidants found in mushrooms add to this health advantage.
Cream of mushroom soup also helps with diabetes and can relieve muscular discomfort, speed up the healing process, control weight, and recharge energy.
Some Important Questions
Why is it called cream of mushroom soup?
The base of this soup is a flour roux, which is thinned with milk or cream according to the basic recipe. The soup gets its name from its distinctively smooth and creamy texture, which also sets it apart from other mushroom soups.
What is cream of mushroom soup made of?
Cream of Mushroom is a thick soup that is frequently used in dishes, much like other kinds of cream-based soups. Chicken broth, spices, bits of celery, cream or milk, mushrooms, onions, and other ingredients are used to make cream of mushroom soup.
Is cream of mushroom soup healthy for you?
Yes, those with heart problems should eat this soup. It is made with low-fat milk, mushrooms, and a small amount of cornstarch. Low-fat milk, not full-fat milk, is what you need for a healthy heart, making it ideal for this dish.
What herbs go with mushroom soup?
If you don’t have any fresh thyme, get creative and substitute another herb. Thyme is a wonderful herb to complement the earthy flavor of mushrooms. Additionally, after sautéing the mushrooms and onions, add a teaspoon of dried thyme, poultry spice, or all-purpose seasoning if you don’t have any fresh herbs on hand.
Can I put egg in mushroom soup?
By placing a softly poached egg in the center, creamy mushroom soup is elevated to a new level. For a true winter treat, serve with crusty wholegrain bread. A simple family supper that is also excellent for vegetarians.
Can diabetics eat canned Cream of Mushroom soup?
Yes, this soup is incredibly nutritious. Mushrooms have an extremely low Glycemic Index of 15, making them suitable for diabetics.
What can I use instead of thyme in mushroom soup?
The Best Thyme Substitutes
- Oregano. Fresh or dried, oregano hits many of the same earthy, minty, savory and slightly bitter notes as thyme.
- Marjoram. You can also use fresh or dried marjoram in place of thyme.
- Poultry seasoning.
- Italian seasoning.
- Herbes de Provence.
Thank you For Visiting Our Website (Informal House)